Highlights of Poland (Preview 2019)
Additional Included Highlights
- Kraków: Walk around the beautiful town square, Rynek Główny. See the famous Sukiennice Cloth Hall, St Mary's Church and the many historic townhouses, palaces and churches.
- Zakopane: Explore this famous resort town at your leisure.
- Wrocław: See the noble mansions and flower markets of the Plac Solny, absorb the Baroque splendour of Rynek and be introduced to Wrocław’s cheeky Gnomes.
- Gniezno: See the winged doors when you visit the Cathedral.
- Warsaw: See the Palace of Culture, admire the Chopin Monument in Łazienki Park, visit the Ghetto Memorial followed by a walk through the Old Town.
- Scenic Drives: The Tatras, Oder River, Wielkopolska, Vistula River, Masuria Lake District.
- Zakopane: Meet Poland’s Goral Highlanders and share their culture at a dinner with local specialities and music.
- Warsaw: The Polish capital is currently enjoying a culinary renaissance - find out what the buzz is all about during your end-of-tour Celebration Dinner with wine at a favourite restaurant.
- Dining Summary:: 9 Buffet Breakfasts (BB) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Kraków: The medieval heart of Kraków is rich in legend, a kind of Polish Camelot. Join your Local Expert for an in-depth exploration of this historic Holy Grail. On top of Wawel Hill see the Renaissance castle and visit the cathedral. Cross the former Jewish Quarter of Kazimierz to Podgórze and see the Ghetto Square and remains of the Ghetto Wall.
- Poznań: Meet a local resident of Poznań who will share their insights of local life as they walk you through the Old Town. Visit Ostrów Tumski, Cathedral Island, the birthplace of Polish Catholicism and a fascinating place of legend often overlooked by other visitors.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- Zakopane: Nestled at the foot of Mount Nosal, enjoy comfort, luxury and a warm and friendly atmosphere at the four-star Grand Nosalowy Dwór.
Top Rated Highlights
- Kraków: Visit Oskar Schindler's Factory Museum and gain an insight into the vital part he played, saving the lives of many, during the Nazi occupation.
- Auschwitz: Experience a powerful and moving visit, with a Local Expert. See the Auschwitz memorial and museum and stop at Birkenau, which bears witness to the terrible atrocities of the Holocaust.
- Toruń: Led by your Local Expert, explore this outstanding UNESCO World Heritage Site, founded by the Teutonic Knights in 1233 and now a living museum.
- Gdansk: Enjoy an exploration with your Local Expert. See the historical sights of Weterplatte and the Gdańsk Shipyards along with the medieval city.
- Malbork: Visit the 13th century fortified monastery belonging to the Teutonic Order and the largest Gothic brick castle in the world.
- Warsaw: Your Local Expert guides you through this fascinating city to see the Palace of Culture and the Chopin Monument in Łazienki Park. Visit the Ghetto Heroes Monument and the Historical Museum and walk through the re-built Old Town, destroyed in World War II.