Country Roads of Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands (Preview 2019)
About The Convent Amsterdam
Additional Included Highlights
- Visit the Grand Place and view the Mannekin Pis. See the Atomium, and the Chinese and Japanese Pavilions.
- The panoramic views atop the Lion's Mound are worth the effort of climbing the 230 steps.
- Spend time in this pretty town on the River Meuse and see the citadel and bell tower of the Collegiate Church.
- Visit the Mardasson Monument, dedicated to those who fell during the Battle of the Bulge.
- Lookout from from the Pont Adolphe. See the cathedral, the Palace of the Grand Duke and visit the grave of U.S. General George S. Patton.
- Witness the impressive market hall and Erasmus Bridge on your orientation of this modern city.
- See the Binnenhof courtyards and the Peace Palace.
- See Dam Square, the Royal Palace, the floating flower market and Mint Tower.
- Flanders, Walloon region, River Meuse, Ardennes plateau, Semois Valley, Dutch countryside.
- Monnickendam: Enjoy a Celebration Dinner with wine in an elegant restaurant in the quaint village of Monnickendam.
- Bruges: Experience a Dine-Around Evening in beautiful Bruges; enjoying regional dishes, excellent service and famous Belgian beer.
- Maredsous Abbey: In the neo-Gothic abbey, learn about the monks’ dairy process and secret brewing recipe. Sample the flowery, fruity ales and the salty tang of their golden-crusted cheese.
- Luxembourg: After admiring Luxembourg countryside, savour a freshly-prepared Farm-to-Table meal, made of locally-sourced, seasonal ingredients typical of the region.
- Dining Summary: 10 Buffet Breakfasts (BB) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Amsterdam: Explore the Rijksmuseum with your Local Expert.
- Volendam: Journey through the polder landscape to visit Volendam. Along the way, visit a rustic cheese farm to learn the secrets of the dairy industry and witness the ancient art of clog making.
- Delft: Visit one of the manufacturers of original Delft blue pottery and see the potters at work on your guided tour.
Top Rated Highlights
- Waterloo: 200 years after the fall of Napoleon, visit the site to discover why the Battle of Waterloo was such a defining moment in European history. Those feeling adventurous can experience panoramic views from atop the Lion's Mound, worth the effort of the 230 steps.
- Ghent: With a Local Expert, visit St. Bavo's Cathedral with its Van Eyck masterpiece and see the Castle of the Counts.
- Dinant: Spend time in this pretty town on the River Meuse and see the citadel and bell tower of the Collegiate Church.
- Bruges: Visit the Market Square and famous belfry of the Market Hall with your Local Expert. See the Gothic town hall in Burg Square and the frescoes on the walls of the Holy Blood Chapel.
- Brussels Visit the Grand Place and view the Mannekin Pis. See the Atomium, and the Chinese and Japanese Pavilions.
- Bastogne: Experience a fascinating insight into the history of the World War II at the modern Bastogne War Museum. Visit the Mardasson Monument, dedicated to those who fell during the Battle of the Bulge.
- Luxembourg: With your Local Expert, enjoy views over the Petrusse Ravine and walk through the Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. See the cathedral, the Palace of the Grand Duke and visit the grave of U.S. General George S. Patton. Lookout from from the Pont Adolphe.
- Amsterdam: Cruise along the old waterways, discovering the architectural gems of the old city, including mansions dating from the Golden Age of the 17th Century. Disembark your cruise to wander the city to see the floating flower market, Dam Square and the Royal Palace.
- Rotterdam: Witness the impressive market hall and Erasmus Bridge on your orientation of this modern city.
- Scenic Drives: Enjoy the scenery as you travel through Flanders, the Walloon region, along the River Meuse, across Ardennes Plateau and through the Semois Valley and Dutch countryside.
- Keukenhof Festival: Why not take an option to visit Keukenhof to see millions of multi-coloured bulb-flowers in bloom on select departures?
You will visit the following 3 places:
The Netherlands is a small, densely populated country, a land of colourful tulip fields and canals, sophisticated cities and some of the most striking coastline in Northern Europe. The people, language, and culture of the Netherlands are referred to as "Dutch". At the head of the state sits the country's constitutional monarchy, whose palaces dominate many of the larger cities, including The Hague and the gorgeous capital city, Amsterdam. Its small size, welcoming attitude to travellers and many wonderful sights make it a unique and fairly easy to discover destination and a great addition to any European trip.
Belgium is a sovereign state in Western Europe. It is one of Europe’s most underrated travel destinations. Beer, chocolate and moules-frites might be the starting points for many first-time visitors, but while you’ll eat and drink well, the country’s other selling points are no less weighty. Medieval cities like Brussels, Bruges, Antwerp and Ghent play home to some stunning architecture, while a military legacy that covers everything from Waterloo to WWII holds its own interest. It’s compact, easy to travel around and boasts no fewer than 60 UNESCO World Heritage Sites.